HOCATT stands for “Hyperthermic Ozone and Carbonic Acid Transdermal Technology”. It’s an individual sauna, in which patients sit with their head exposed to the air, while conditions that affect the foot and ankle receive the possible benefits of an Oxygen/Ozone gas mixture, Carbon Dioxide, Steam, and Photon light.
HOCATT™ Ozone Sauna is currently used to help people suffering from systemic illness around the world. Therefore, HOCATT Saunas may also help treat and may also help prevent many foot and ankle problems caused by some of these systemic diseases. HOCATT may do this by possibly:
- Reducing Inflammation
- Reducing Pain and Calming Nerves
- Relaxing muscle tension
- Inactivating Viruses, Bacteria, Yeast, Fungi, Parasites
- Disposing pathogens and toxins
- Speeding up healing by activating skin tissue
- Increasing blood oxygen level
- Increasing blood circulation
What Podiatric conditions does HOCATT Ozone Sauna treat? In combination with other medical techniques, this safe form of ozone/oxygen therapy may help reduce inflammation and may help aid your immune system heal and therefore may help treat or prevent many foot and ankle conditions caused by:
- Joint, Muscle and Tendon Pathology – primary pedal pathology or secondary pathology from upper joint dysfunction or from pharmaceutical toxic side effects (eg. Quinolone antibiotics: Cipro, Levaquin)
- Soft tissue and Bone Infections
- Skin Diseases (eg, eczema, psoriasis, fungus, virus eruptions on the foot &/or ankle direct or from shedding)
- Delayed Wound and/or Surgical Healing
- Poor Circulation in the Foot
- Autoimmune diseases
- Peripheral Neuropathy from Diabetes Mellitus and other Metabolic Diseases
- Peripheral Neuropathy from Chronic Lyme and other “Tick Born” Diseases
- Spinal cord inflammation and/or injury affecting balance, falls and normal pedal function
HOCATT™ Sauna Procedure:
- Each session is 25-30 minutes long.
- The steam sauna heats up to a comfortable temperature
- For the first 3-8 minutes of your session, carbonic acid and steam moisten the skin and enter through pores into the lymph system. Carbonic acid is one of the few compounds that increases the uptake and delivery of oxygen at the cellular level. The heat and the carbon dioxide serve to open up the circulation to the skin so that when the ozone gas is infused it is absorbed through the skin into the general circulation.
- Photon infrared light also penetrates the skin to help increase blood flow and circulation. Photon infrared light also breaks any painful inflammatory cycle by dilating small blood and lymphatic vessels. This increase in circulation can result in accelerated healing and pain relief. Blood vessels and capillaries dilate, increasing blood circulation up to 25%.
- After the carbonic acid cycle completes, the ozone cycle begins. When ozone reacts with the water from the steam, it creates H202 (Hydrogen Peroxide), which aids in destroying bacterial and yeast/fungal infections.
- At the end of the session, all ozone and oxygen steam is extracted into the ozone destructor and the session ends!
- Throughout the Sauna the patient’s head is outside the ozone steam cabinet and they are given an additional boost by inhaling Oxygen through tubes (a nasal cannula) inserted into the nasal passages which also helps boost the immune system, reduce stress, and boosts energy. A special micro current is also applied targeting your specific pathology or complaint.
If you tried other treatment for your Podiatric problem and none of them have worked, consider HOCATT Ozone Saunas. Call today and schedule a consultation with Dr. Robins to discusses your health history and determine whether HOCATT Ozone Saunas may be beneficial for you.